Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Pretty Little Pussy


The Pretty Little Pussy
 
I met, upon my way from work, a pretty little pussy.
It's fur was dark as midnight and was sprinkled so with stars!
I stopped to stroke that pussy but it jumped up in the air
And zipped across the street. Right then, there weren't any cars.

"Oh pretty little pussy!" I called to it aloud,
And made all kinds of noises – but that pussy ran away.
And so I walked home slowly and I wondered if I'd see
That pretty little pussy on the street another day.

But as I turned the corner to my house, what did I see?
A big and ugly bow-wow dog that barked aloud at me!
I felt a little frightened, for that dog was big and fierce.
But still I kept on walking and I hid away my fears.

But then the dog quit barking and instead it ran at me!
I stood for just a second. Then I ran, like one-two-three!
I ran and ran and looked behind and saw the dog had turned.
I waited till it disappeared.  A lesson, I had learned!

The moral?  With a pussy, you should wait for it to come.
If the pussy gets to like you, then it might become your chum.
But if you see a doggie that is barking, don't advance.
For that doggie then could chase you, and could bite you in your pants.
 
January 20th, Tue, 9:03 pm
Brooklyn, New York
  

No comments: