Wednesday, January 15, 2014

There’s a Mist Tonight in Brooklyn

      
There’s a Mist Tonight in Brooklyn
                              
There’s a mist tonight in Brooklyn, that caresses city streets.
There’s a mist tonight in Brooklyn, that has issued from the sea.
There’s a mist tonight in Brooklyn, that has softened every light.
There’s a mist tonight in Brooklyn, in which I now delight.

As I’m walking home this evening, I am breathing in the air.
It is cool and sweet and fragrant, with the moisture of the sea.
As I’m walking home this evening, I can see the lamp-lit mist.
And the trees are standing silent, by the breath of ocean kissed.

There’s a mist tonight in Brooklyn and it’s settled on the streets,
There’s a mist tonight in Brooklyn, that’s the reaching out of sea.
As I’m walking home this evening, I can see the walkers by,
And it seems that I am dreaming, as the mist is streaming high.

As I’m walking home this evening, I am gentled by the mist,
As I’m walking home this evening, I have found a little peace.
As I’m walking home this evening, there’s a stillness in the street,
As I’m walking home this evening, there’s a stillness in my heart.

2014 January 15th, Wed., 10:23 pm
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York

Related:
There's a Fog Tonight in Brooklyn
http://thedailypoet.blogspot.com/2018/02/theres-fog-tonight-in-brooklyn-ii.html )
   

No comments: